By Frances Chaves
You know LinkedIn is an excellent source for researching people prior to an interview, but where do you find recent, in-depth news on the company itself? NJBIZ, New Jersey’s only weekly business journal, is a goldmine of information about companies as potential employers, interviews, tracking trends in your industry and finding names of key executives in your target companies.
NJBIZ WEBSITE: Go to http://www.njbiz.com for daily business news posts, access to NJBIZ blogs and Twitter, Events (including great networking opportunities), access to Special Editions, information about NJBIZ award winners, and more.
NJBIZ WEEKLY: View the current edition at http://www.njbiz.com/ or use your library card to access past issues from your personal computer:
- On your library’s home page, under “SEARCH” type in NJBIZ
- On the next page, click on the Hyperlink titled NJBIZ
- On the next page click on MASTER FILE PREMIER
- This brings you to NJBIZ. Click on the issue that interests you or search by subject; i.e. input the name of a company for articles about that company.
NJBIZ SPECIAL EDITIONS provide in-depth coverage of certain sectors of the NJ business world. New publications include The Best 50 Women in Business on March 27th and Best Places to Work in New Jersey 2012 on April 25th.
- NJBIZ Book of Lists 2012 is the most comprehensive listing of New Jersey companies, by industry. Print copies are held at the Bridgewater and Hillsborough Library Reference Desks.
The following Special Editions are available online. At the njbiz.com homepage, click on “Special Editions” on the drop down menu.
- NJBIZ Giving Guide 2011: This informative publication highlights the various New Jersey-based nonprofit organizations.
- 50 Fastest Growing New Jersey Companies: A great source of information on the “hidden job market.”
- Top 100 2011 Privately Held Companies: Information on privately held companies is organized by industry, region and category.