PSGCNJ Member Spotlight: Frances Chaves
Frances Chaves is the Managing Editor of “Transition to Success,” the online newsletter of the Professional Services Group of Central New Jersey (PSGCNJ) for which she has also written many articles and served as Lay-out Editor. An active PSGCNJ member since November 2011, Frances serves on the Fundraising Task Force for PSGCNJ’s Executive committee and has served as co-chair of the Marketing Committee and volunteer for the PSGCNJ Job Fair and Annual Picnic.
- Name: Frances Chaves
- Resides: Skillman, NJ
- Interests: Reading fiction, dogs, Scrabble, hiking
- Favorite Music or Artist: Tosca
- Favorite Restaurant: Panang, Princeton, NJ
- Favorite Quote: “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr
- Fun Fact: I was a Brazilian citizen until I was six years old and have lived in Switzerland (where I was born), France, Belgium, Spain, and the U.S.; I have worked on projects in those countries as well as Italy, Germany, Portugal, England, Holland, Finland, Mexico, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, and South Africa. I have visited Scandinavia, India, Zimbabwe, Tahiti, Caribbean islands, Russia, the Czech Republic, and India.
- Profession: Writer, Editor, Communications Manager
- Special Skills: Creative and results-driven; expert at producing and editing audience-building content; successful at managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and exceeding employers’ expectations.
- Current Employer: I am a consultant and free-lance writer/editor through Chaves Communications: Writing for Results. My clients include John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; RD Legal Funding; The Initiative to Educate Afghan Women; and others.
- PSGCNJ Committee/Title: Marketing – Managing Editor, Writing Contributor
- LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/franceschaves
Check back every Monday to see who will be next to be spotlighted! All full members of PSGCNJ with job titles and who are active in their committees are eligible. Co-Chairs will nominate members every week. Who will be spotlighted next?