Somerset County Business Partnership to Hold Networking Session
By Barbara Perone
It’s networking time again. So, shut down your computer, get a haircut, take your best suit out of the closet, dust off your business cards, and prepare to meet some new people who just may help you land your next position.
PSGCNJ members are invited to attend a networking event, sponsored by The Somerset County Business Partnership, on Thursday, September 12th, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., at the Hotel Indigo, located at 80 Allen Road in Basking Ridge.
Last month, PSGCNJ became an official member of the partnership; that means admission to all the partnership’s events will either be free or low cost for our members.
At this networking session, PSGCNJ members will pay at $10 admission fee. If you bring a friend, not affiliated with PSGCNJ, then that non-member will pay a $30 admission fee. Walk-in members will pay a $15 admission fee, while walk-in non-members will pay a $35 fee.
Bring copies of your résumé, plenty of business cards, and get ready to spend some time talking with a variety of business people from Somerset County.
Why should I attend?
Because it will allow you to:
- increase your visibility & be in a relaxed atmosphere, conducive to meeting others
- build your connections. (Remember, the more people you meet, the more referrals you are likely to get. And, most successful businesses are built on referrals.)
- determine how people in other businesses get clients/customers so you can adapt these practices to your own business, if you own one
- find new products and services, if your business requires them
- practice your Elevator Speech with others
- foster new relationships, which may lead to strategic alliances, joint ventures, and new referrals
To avoid the higher admission fee at the door, you can simultaneously register, get directions, and pay online by visiting www.SCBP.org/events.
For additional information about The Somerset County Business Partnership, visit their office at 360 Grove Street in Bridgewater, go to their website, www.SCBP.org, or call 908.218.4300.