Due to the COVID-19 crisis, all meetings, classes, and interactive workshops are delivered virtually. Face-to-face meetings, classes, and interactive workshops will resume when PSGCNJ returns to the church.
OverviewInstruction, training, scheduling and content development are the skills used by the Training Committee members. Our members have access to valuable training services provided by the Training Committee.
- Accelerated Career Training (ACT) is an intensive 2½ day program that provides skills, tools and techniques to navigate today’s competitive job market. Topics range from resume and cover letter writing, to using social media to find job opportunities.
- Interactive Workshops that build and improve basic job skills and allows job seekers to put learnings into practice.
- Schedules classes and communicate with participants
- Prepares and presents new member orientation
- Manages and presents Accelerated Career Training (ACT) to membership
- Develops and presents advanced classes for membership, to provide a better understanding of the job search
- Delivers Train-The-Trainer level instruction to presenters and other members
BenefitsMembers of this committee, develop and utilize skills valued by employers, such as:
- Leadership and organizational Skills
- Public speaking
- Project management
- Training content editing and writing
- Social media