By Frances Chaves
Glassdoor’s 2013 Employment Confidence Survey suggests that the employment situation may be improving but people’s confidence lags behind.
- One in five employees fears they will be laid off in the next six months.
- Less than half (only 45%) of employees (including the self-employed) believe their company’s business outlook will improve in the next six months.
- 25% think that if they are laid off, it is unlikely they will be able to find a job in the next six months that matches their experience and compensation levels.
- 31% of the employed think it is unlikely they will be able to find a job in the next six months that matches their experience and compensation levels.
- Not surprisingly, the younger you are, the more optimistic you are that if you lose your job, you will be very or somewhat likely to find a new job in less than six months: 48% of those aged 18 – 34; 38% aged 35 – 44; 36% aged 45 – 54 and only 32% aged 55 and older.