TIPS: Eight Best Job-Search Blogs
By Monika M. Stickel
Blogs, like PSGCNJ’s, are a tremendous source of up-to-date information for job-seekers, whether they are currently in transition or are employed and looking for their next opportunity.
Here is a list of blogs I wanted to share with you along with some great recent articles:
- About.com’s Job Searching blog and this related personal blog provide advice and commentary on the world of work.
- CareerHub CareerHub’s blog posts are from a collection of top experts in career counseling, resume writing, and recruiting.
- 7+ Implications of “Source of Hire Survey” for $150k+ Job Seekers
- I Wonder
- The Censoring of Self in Your Job Search
3. JibberJobber Blog
This blog isn’t just focused on job searching. It will help you boost your career every step of the way.
- CareerCloud – Social Resumes: Interview with Chris Russell
- Ask The Expert: Tim Tyrell-Smith and Alternative Personal Revenue Streams
- Case Study: Customizing Your Resume To The Company
4. Lindsey Pollak
When you’re just starting out after college, Lindsey’s blog will help you get from the classroom to a career.
- The Top Job Search Trends of 2013
- Quick Tips for Networking Through Social Media
- How to Get a Job with Your Dream Employer
5. LinkedIn Blog
Here you will find lots of tips and tricks on how to effectively use LinkedIn.
- Best Influencer Posts this Week: Super Bowl Spoilers, Learning from Lincoln, and More
- LinkedIn’s Posh Productive Pampering Event with Bobbi Brown Cosmetics in NYC [PHOTOS]
- LinkedIn on BlackBerry 10 devices [SLIDESHOW]
6. Monster Blog
Monster’s blog is one of the originals, and it’s still full of really good job search advice.
- We’ve Moved!
- Monster Global Poll: ”Ever Done Something Regrettable at an Office Party?”
- Monster Healthcare Virtual Career Fair
7. Personal Branding Blog
Personal branding is critical not only for those in transition but those currently employed.
Recent Posts from this Blog
- 5 Steps To Quitting Your Job With Grace
- Personal Brands: Stop Goals, Set Requirements
- Podcast #3: Standing Out Online, Coworking and Chris Broga
8. SimplyHired Blog
The latest job market trends and news, plus advice for job seekers.
Recent Posts from this Blog
- Nationwide Job Openings Continued to Grow in January
- 4 Ways to Set Yourself Apart from the Competition
- Top 20 Resume Writing Mistakes
PSGCNJ member-at-large, Monika M. Stickel recently landed at IEEE. She is a marketing communications and brand management champion with over 15 years of experience with Fortune 500, mid-tier/regional and start up organizations.
2 Replies to “TIPS: Eight Best Job-Search Blogs”
Thanks Monika – I particularly liked the “Personal Brands: Stop Goals, Set Requirements” blog. I recommend it to anyone who is feeling a bit discouraged about job hunting (or anything really) and needs a quick pick me up.
Too many blogs say the same things over and over but here’s one that’s different. Check it out: http://www.yourcareerquest.blogspot.com