This program offers five modules each exploring the process of career transition. It begins with a personal career journey and continues through activities that will enhance the job search. The modules are:
- Beginning Your Job Search
- Communication – C.A.R. Stories – Resumes
- Interviewing and Negotiation
- Social Media for the Job Search
Benefits to Job Seekers
Accelerated Career Training (ACT) is for all job seekers, especially those in career transition, changing careers or seeking job search tools and strategies.
- Identify career paths and target appropriate jobs and companies
- Learn current trends to influence your job search
- Develop job search tools
- Identify and communicate your unique “story” and value
- Maximize your job search
- Develop a plan and work the plan
What to Expect
- Pre-requisite: Must first sign up to join Professional Service Group of Central New Jersey.
- Course Materials: Course materials are distributed electronically after confirmation of registration.
- Homework: Specific modules have homework requirements. Participants will present and review assignments the next day.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes web links, templates, and additional reference sources
Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, job seekers will:
- Understand and communicate strengths
- Develop resumes and other communication documents
- Communicate effectively throughout the job search process
- Develop your relationships via professional networking
- Interview and negotiate compensation
- Use social media for your job search
Course Length/Method of Delivery
- Length: 2.5 days
- Delivery Method: Virtual unless otherwise specified
Usually the first Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the month. View the Professional Service Group of Central New Jersey Calendar to identify the next scheduled session.
All five ACT modules must be completed. If unable to attend one or more modules, please notify the Training Registrar. (You can take individual modules if conflicts with your schedule and make up missed modules the following month.)
To sign-up for ACT, use the Training Page Navigation Menu link.