In this workshop, job seekers will learn how to prepare a value/mission statement for You Inc. Job seekers will learn how to put together: marketing plan, marketing document, & how to use them. Highlights include focusing on specific areas and learning tools and techniques that help hiring managers view candidates as a talented resource for hiring.
Extended Networking will give job seekers additional networking venues to utilize in their search. A HOW TO methodology will be given on how to schedule and track the networking process.
Topics discussed are:
- Components of a marketing plan, marketing document
- Setting realistic goals that measure progress
- How to communicate a marketing plan
- Developing key elements to plan integrate
- How to target companies
- How to enhance networking opportunities job seekers may have not been aware of
This workshop is ideal for job seekers who want to get a “foot in the door” of targeted markets and companies to expand their brand and meet hiring managers.
- Add focus and direction to your job search or your current career path
- Outline goals, value proposition, target markets
- Identify personal brand, differences and targeting similar roles
- Research target market opportunities
- Create the best work life by proactively moving towards career goals
What to Expect
- Pre-requisite: Complete ACT.
- Course Materials: Course materials are distributed electronically after confirmation of registration. There is NO pre-work for this workshop.
At the end of this workshop job seekers will:
- Understand the process of preparing a personal marketing plan
- Identify personal payoffs and values
- Establish priorities and construct a personal mission statement
- Define specific career goals
- Prepare a personal and industry situation (SWOT) analysis
- Identify and evaluate alternative career strategies
- Prepare an action plan
- Be able to expand nurturing venues for more contacts
Course Length/Method of Delivery
- Length: 3.0 hours
- Delivery Method: Virtual unless otherwise specified
- Dates are available using Professional Service Group of Central New Jersey calendar
Classes usually held 1st Monday after ACT 1:30 – 4:30.
View the Professional Service Group of Central New Jersey Calendar
to identify the next scheduled session.
To sign-up for Advanced Classes, use the Training Page Navigation Menu link.