Due to the COVID-19 crisis, all meetings, classes, and interactive workshops are delivered virtually. Face-to-face meetings, classes, and interactive workshops will resume when PSGCNJ returns to the church.
OverviewIn this one-on-one session, job seekers will be taken through the interview of a job they have selected. This is not-preparation for a specific upcoming interview the job seeker may have pending. This is generating a GAP analysis of items the job seeker needs to work on to prepare for the interview process.
What to Expect
- Pre-requisite: Professional Service Group of Central New Jersey member in good standing
- Course Materials: Course materials are distributed electronically after confirmation of registration.
- How the job seeker has dressed for the interview
- Questions relating to job description (provided in advance by job seeker)
- Questions relating to resume provided (provided in advance by job seeker)
- On the fly evaluation of good an bad answers to mock interview questions
- Evaluation of some, all or more of items below:
- 90 Sec. Capsule
- Speech Rate
- Speech Volume
- Information Elicitation
- Response Content
- Response Length
- Establish Goals & Objectives
Pre-WorkTo register you must send the required materials to the instructor after job seeker is informed who will be doing the mock interview: 1. Your current resume, (we suggest that the information & feedback from the ACT Resumes and Cover Letters workshop and possibly an Advanced Resume Review session be applied to your resume). 2. A detailed job description for a particular job opening at a real company. This can be the text from a newspaper ad or an online job posting. We will use this information to assist us in playing the role of that potential employer.
Course Length/Method of Delivery
- Length: 1 – 1.5 hours
- Delivery Method: Virtual unless otherwise specified
- Date is made by instructor and job seeker